After taking a look at lots of Joan Miro's sculptures we chose "The caress of the bird" and start to build it.
I draw and cut the shapes the kiddos told me we would need. The conversation went pretty much like this...
-We need a triangle with a big circle inside.
- the circle you need to cut can be the head
- the nose is a cone like the snowman's
- and the joaldunak's hat
- it just has one leg, very long
- the bird, don't forget to draw the bird
- it is wearing glasses
- the eyes are empy squares
- it has a leave in the legs...
In groups the kids color the parts
Then it was time to draw the glasses, assemble and glue it.
Take a look at one of the sculptures and our documentation boards: